Map of spring valley

Spring Valley County parks discussion forum

Map of spring valley

Postby Meatling » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:47 pm

Is there a map of the trails at spring v alley anywhere? How are the trails compared to Kain and Rocky Ridge?
Meatling

Re: Map of spring valley

Postby finsout » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:21 am

pretty lame
I'm a county parks trail user and I vote!
finsout

Postby ken » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:14 pm

The current map can be found at:
http://yorkcountypa.gov/images/pdf/2012%20SV.pdf

There are fewer miles of trails at Spring Valley compared to Kain or Rocky Ridge, but I think the trails are closer to what would be found at Kain. Can get a good 6-8 mile loop at Spring Valley, covering all the singletrack trails.
ken

Postby Meatling » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:03 pm

Thanks for the link. Found the other maps as well to the other parks. Super helpful.
Meatling

Postby diggingtrail » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:15 am

Meatling wrote:Is there a map of the trails at spring v alley anywhere? How are the trails compared to Kain and Rocky Ridge?

The trails there used to be pretty good. I rode down there almost weekly years back, and really liked the mix of trail types that were packed into a 7.5 mile loop. YAMBA had done alot of work years ago down there. However, it is used heavily by horses. And there are some users down there who have no respect for open/close rules. The trails got really chewed up by the horses, including two fresh ones cut by YAMBA. Those of us that do a lot of trailwork got really discouraged and decided to focus our efforts on Kain and RR. There is a horse group now doing work at SV, but they are widening the trails so they can ride two horses side by side, and smoothing out many of the trails.
diggingtrail

Return to Spring Valley