YAMBA RAYSTOWN LAKE CAMPING TRIP 2013

Postby mtmajor » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:01 pm

Mark your calendars!

YAMBA has reserved the group camp area at seven points camp ground for the weekend of 5/31/2013 till 6/2/2013.
Come out and enjoy some camping and excellent mtbing with your YAMBA pals.
This trip will be open to all YAMBA members and their guests.
Many of you are already familiar with the group camp since we stayed there for Dirt Fest a couple years ago.
Those that are not more info can be found here,
http://raystown.nab.usace.army.mil/Camp ... amping.htm

No this is not the weekend of Dirt Fest 2013. That will be a couple weeks prior. The group site is pretty much totally booked for next summer already and this was one of only 2 weekends that were open.

More details to follow soon.

Mike
mtmajor

Re: YAMBA RAYSTOWN LAKE CAMPING TRIP 2013

Postby mtmajor » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:36 pm

Just wanted to give this a bump and remind everyone about the trip.

I recieved our reservation confirmation a few weeks ago and plans are in the works.

Save the date and stay tuned...

Mike
mtmajor

Postby mtmajor » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:37 pm

The time has come to begin reserving your spots for this years Trip.

We will need a minimum of 8 camping units (tent or camper) and a maximum of 30.

The "group site" is still $100 per night so $200 total and we will devide it by the number of Camping units attending.

We will not need any advance payment to reserve your spot just post up here or email me at mtmajor@comcast.net if you are planning on attending.

Don't miss out on all the fun! Come and enjoy some of the bet trails in PA and than warm your buns by the campfire. :lol:

Mike
mtmajor

Postby sdm74 » Wed May 08, 2013 9:40 am

What levels of riders do you have at these events?
Any Clydesdales?.. lol
sdm74

Postby diggingtrail » Wed May 08, 2013 9:54 am

The last time we had the group site there were riders of all experiences and fitness levels from beginners to racers. Groups will form and split up based upon the kind of ride they want to do, so there are always people to ride with. It's a really good time on really good trails. Here's a video from when we had the group site at dirt fest a few years ago.

diggingtrail

Postby danwalko » Wed May 08, 2013 3:47 pm

Let me assure you, those that have committed to attend are in no way Clydesdales!! And that certainly applies to me also! We will ride as much or as little as the group wants to ride. The weekend is as much about hanging out as it is about riding. Come on out and join us! The camp is awesome with a huge pavilion with a stone fireplace and a large grassy area around it to set up camp.
danwalko

Postby sdm74 » Thu May 09, 2013 7:54 am

Just got back into riding this year. Clydesdale back in the day meant 200+ pounder riders..Lol
Is that what you thought I meant by Clydesdale?
Do you guys take your family ? Or is this a more party atmosphere? I'm fine with either, just curious.
How many spots are left currently?
Thanks for all the info fellas
Steve
sdm74

Postby danwalko » Thu May 09, 2013 11:08 am

Steve,

Ya I totally misunderstood what you meant....sorry! You are welcome to come along and ride as much or as little as you want. We usually ride right onto the trails but you can also drive to the other areas and start half way through if you plan on riding less than the group.

As for the family, we usually have a mix. I am not bringing my family since my wife and daughter don't ride. Mike, are you bringing Terri and Hannah?

Either way is fine. If Mike isn't brining his family, I think most of us will be having a boys only weekend!

Hope you can make it.

Dan
danwalko

Postby danwalko » Thu May 09, 2013 11:09 am

One more thing about the spots left. The camp is huge. I think we can have up to 25 tents. We are no where close to being full.
danwalko

Postby mtmajor » Thu May 09, 2013 12:08 pm

So far no one has mentioned they are bringing any kids along this year but are welcome to if they like.
Terri will be coming along with me but my daughter (Hannah) will be staying with friends.

We have room for up to 30 tents at the site and I only have around 7 confirmed attending so far. There are several people who have contacted me but are undecided yet also.

Any level of rider is welcome. The trails are mostly fast flow style trails and only one trail (stoney trail) has a real rock garden.

Mike
mtmajor

Postby diggingtrail » Thu May 30, 2013 3:38 pm

Tomorrow is the day! It is going to be an absolutely beautiful weekend. If you were waiting in the weather to decide if you wanted to come wait no more. There is still room at the campsite for more people. Just let Mike know you are coming or post here. Even if you can't come for the whole weekend come for one night.
The group site has a large covered pavilion with tables and a huge fireplace. There are also showers a short walk away. Fresh water is piped right to the pavilion. And raystown has some of the best trails around.
diggingtrail

Postby diggingtrail » Fri May 31, 2013 7:45 am

Bring your swimsuits, the lake is gonna feel good after the rides this weekend!
diggingtrail

Return to News and Announcements